1. Course Introduction
3. Genetics and Evolution
4. Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
5. Cell and Organismal Biology
6. Heat Transfer and Thermodynamics
7. Structure and Properties of Matter
8. Science II — Course Survey
1. Introduction to Ecology
2. Energy Flow in an Ecosystem
3. Biogeochemical Cycles in Ecosystems
4. Abiotic and Biotic Factors in an Ecosystem
5. The Roles of Photosynthesis and Respiration in an Ecosystem
6. Interactions Within and Among Ecosystems
7. Factors that Affect Population Size
9. Practice Questions
10. CSET Review Questionnaire – Ecology
Science Subtest II
Introduction to Ecology
Page 4 of 18
Diagnostic Question with Feedback
6. Which of the following is an example of the kind of questions that an ecologist addresses?
How do interactions between predator and prey populations affect plant life in the habitat?
How does the introduction of a new bacteria species into a person's stomach affect affect other bacteria in the stomach?
How does climate change affect the biodiversity of the Redwood forest?
What is causing the global decline of frog populations?
All of the above.