1. Course Introduction
3. Genetics and Evolution
4. Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
5. Cell and Organismal Biology
6. Heat Transfer and Thermodynamics
7. Structure and Properties of Matter
8. Science II — Course Survey
1. Inheritance of Traits
2. Mono and Dihybrid Crosses
3. Sexual vs. Asexual Reproduction
4. Coding of DNA
5. DNA Replication
6. What is Evolution?
7. Theory of Natural Selection
8. Events Affecting Evolution
9. Lesson Summary
Science Subtest II
Genetics and Evolution
Theory of Natural Selection
Page 1 of 16
1. What does the phrase "survival of the fittest mean?"
Only the healthiest organisms can survive.
Only the strongest and fastest members of a group of organisms will survive.
The only species that can survive well into the future are those that have phenotypic traits that allow them to survive in their environment and pass their genotypes onto future generations.
A species or population needs the ability to adapt to all environments in order to thrive in the future.