3. Dynamic Processes of the Earth (Geodynamics)
4. Earth's Resources
5. Optics and Waves
6. Forces and Motion
7. Electricity and Magnetism
1. Tectonic Processes I: Continental Drift
2. Tectonic Processes II: Seafloor Spreading and Plate Tectonics
3. Tectonic Processes III: Thermal Processes
4. Tectonic Processes IV: Types of Plate Boundaries
5. Tectonic Processes V: Volcanoes, Earthquakes, and Earth Resource
6. Tectonic Processes VI: Earthquake Processes and Their Roles
7. Rock Formation I: The Rock Cycle
8. Rock Formation II: Relative and Absolute Dating
9. Rock Formation III: Uniformitarianism and Catastrophism
10. Earth's Surface I: Erosion, Deposition, and Transport
11. Earth's Surface II: Coastal Processes
12. Earth's Surface III: Natural Hazards
13. Energy in the Earth System I: The Water Cycle
14. Energy in the Earth System II: Changes in the Sky
15. Energy in the Earth System III: Heating of the Earth by the Sun
16. Energy in the Earth System IV: Air Movements' Effect on Weather
17. Energy in the Earth System V: Energy Transfer Processes
18. Energy in the Earth System VI: Predicting Weather Patterns
Science Subtest I
Dynamic Processes of the Earth (Geodynamics)
Rock Formation II: Relative and Absolute Dating
Page 1 of 20
1. The relative age of a rock is its age
based on fossilized shells and bones.
determined by the use of radioactive elements.
compared to the ages of other rocks.
determined by how long ago it was discovered.